top of page
ARTESIA MURAL TRAIL
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The Artesia Arts & Cultural District is currently accepting proposals for a public art mural in our downtown area. This mural will be the latest in a continuing series of downtown public art installations, in support of the Arts in Artesia..
Project Description: The mural’s overall design should be timeless. The location’s setting and existing building elements should be incorporated into the overall design. In addition, the design can have an interactive component to it (such as a set of butterfly wings that people can pose with) that will engage pedestrians, but nothing that requires mounting, drilling, or any other method of affixing.
Subject matter should celebrate one or more of:
• The City of Artesia/Eddy County/New Mexico;
• local history/cultures/character/architecture/uniqueness.
All artworks must be appropriate for all ages. No: obscenities, nudity, sexual content, profanity, substance abuse, scary imagery, racism, violence, degradation or desecration of individuals/groups/cultural symbols, or gang-related designs. Artists will retain the ownership of design ideas submitted with this application. The winning design’s ownership will become the property of the Artesia Arts & Cultural District upon completion of the mural, along with all artwork produced for this mural.
The site for this mural is on the west wall of 212 West Main St., Artesia NM. The mural site is the section of wall from the corner to the first window, 17’ x approximately 18’ high, and has a stucco façade that is in good condition except for some minor cracks. (The owners will take care of any needed repairs prior to the project start)
A stipend of $5,000.00 will be awarded to the selected artist or team of artists. The Artesia Arts & Cultural District & site owner will pay for materials, provide equipment, and take care of pressure-washing and site repairs. ACD can also assist with lodging information.
All artists must be over age 18.
• A completed application form
• An artist’s resume + examples of work to demonstrate the artist(s)‘s ability to complete a project of this scale in the timeframe allowed + 2 references.
• 2-4 concept sketches, and an Artist’s Statement (400 words maximum) explaining the inspiration behind the design.
• A time-frame schedule for the installation—exact dates to be worked out
• A budget for materials—applicants are responsible for doing their own site surveys.
• Both the Artesia Arts & Cultural District and the selected artist(s) agree to release and hold harmless the other in any case of liability related to the preparation and/or installation of the mural. This provision shall remain in effect beyond the expiration of the term.
• All submission materials are due by April 30, 2022. All submission materials should be submitted via Google Docs to: email@example.com
The winning design will be chosen by an Artesia Arts & Cultural District selection team.
THIS PROGRAM IS PART OF THE ARTESIA ARTS AND CULTURAL DISTRICT.
For More information on the Artesia Arts and Cultural District CLICK HERE.
bottom of page