ARTS, ENTERTAINMENT, AND EDUCATION
Often called the Landsun, the movie theater opened in August 1947. The local Bartlett family built, owned and operated the theater until 1975. By the early 1980s, the theater was owned by nationwide theater owners and operators, Carmike Cinemas, and was renamed Cinema Twin. The theater’s condition eventually deteriorated and, in 2001, Carmike Cinemas agreed to renovate the interior while Artesia MainStreet restored the façade. By December of that year work was complete, including a new neon sign replicating the original. The theater continues to show first-run films.